Memory Care Kitchen Assistant-Part time
Premier Senior Living Community offering independent living, assisted living and memory care has an immediate opportunity for a Culinary Service Aide.
The Culinary Service Aide will assist in the operation of the kitchen, dining room, dish room, and related storage spaces. Hours may vary from 7:30 AM –2:00 PM and/or 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM and every other weekend as scheduled by the Culinary Service Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve residents in the dining room.
- Take food to other dining rooms.
- Set and clear tables.
- Wash dishes.
- Clean kitchen and dining room.
- Follow cleaning schedule.
- Report unsafe conditions to the Culinary Service Coordinator.
- Maintain sanitation in all areas.
- Comply with regulations regarding hair covering and hand protection during food preparation.
- Use personal protective equipment, as required.
- Fill in, as needed or requested.
- Use proper body mechanics when lifting or pushing carts.
- Respond to smoke and fire alarm systems.
- Answer telephone promptly and courteously.
- Attend all bi-weekly staff in-services or mandatory meetings.
- Attend food service meetings
- Be a part of the safety team and committees as assigned.
- Read the Communication Log, daily.
- Share ideas and comments you feel would benefit the Community.
- Fill in when short staffed.
- Follow all Policies & Procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Assist with scheduled activities, as requested.
- Uphold confidentiality of residents and co-workers according to HIPAA.
- Comply with all state regulations as they apply to AL.
- Complete incident report forms as necessary for residents, self, or co-workers.
- Complete work orders when maintenance needs arise.
- Perform cleaning duties as assigned.
- Prepare dining room for meals.
- Other duties/functions as assigned.
- High school students 16 and older currently working towards a high school diploma (preference will be given to applicants with a high school diploma or GED)
- Preferred experience with the care of the elderly
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Professional confidentiality
- Well-developed people skills
- Problem solving skills
- Calm, friendly demeanor
We offer a competitive hourly wage, full benefits and many more perks!
If you have a passion for helping people and want to grow professionally, please send your resume to for immediate consideration.